Top 10 Must-Haves for 2014:
1. Emerald Green: See our blog post on how to incorporate emerald green, while remaining budget-conscious, into your home.
2. Gold: Adding gold to your tableware is a smart way to use this daunting metallic. It is both unexpected and fashion-forward.
3. Antique Brass: It’s back! Give your grandma’s old brass lamp a revamp with a new contemporary shade. The mixture of styles and finishes is so “now.”
4. Hot Hues: Add a new spin to hot colors. For example, add hot pink to crimson red; it is a knockout color combo. Use in moderation, though: one accent wall or piece of furniture is all you need.
5. Whitewashed/Light Grey Flooring: Your toes will think you are at the beach with new, driftwood-esque floors underfoot.
6. Animal Prints: Add a touch of sexy with animal prints. Cover an ottoman, or just add throw pillows to your living area. Rawr!
7. Graphic Patterns: Patterns are used in all types of facets, from accessories to wall coverings. Chevrons are here now, but graphic dots are next. The possibilities go far beyond just one type of pattern.
8. Nostalgia + Paint: Painting vintage pieces in bright hues is a perfect way to add “pow” to your space.
9. Ethnic prints: African tribal and Oriental prints are everywhere, from bed coverings to table coverings.
10. Botanicals: Country rose, as seen at the Maison and Objet show in February, is having a huge comeback, with new contexts and combinations.